Cashews

Cashews
One nut per fruit! My fave!!!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

FUNGUS???

On my second post with my first blog I am starting to go into the nitty-gritty of what I really want to talk about. Ugh, "A little nervous, I am" - Yoda (not really)

Mushrooms are very popular in our society and many people enjoy their taste. According to Paul Staments in "TED Ideas worth spreading", he claims that not only are they a great base for anti-biotic medicine, but they also will save the world. As I do agree that mushrooms could save our earth by devouring waste and fuel and turning it into mushrooms instead of unusable poisoned dirt, I would have to side with Doug Kaufmann in saying that fungus (which is what mushrooms are) is poisonous to the body.

Stamets says that fungi behaves as we do, it inhales oxygen, as we do, and exhales carbon dioxide, as we do. It is self sufficient, proven to not even need sunlight to grow (and in fact grows better in dark places) and just recently discovered was the fact that it can get it's energy from radiation. Wow! That is pretty powerful.

So, I must ask you readers one question. How would you feel if I told you that powerful fungus that grows quickly in dark damp places is growing in your body?

I thought I would create a new paragraph to give a moment of thought, but really, I think it's grose. Think about it.

If fungus breathes in oxygen, and it's living in a body, how will it get oxygen besides taking it from the body? I won't, it has to take oxygen from the blood of the body in order to grow, therefore preventing the body from ever recouperating if there is a need for recouperation.

Then the upswing, after the fungus takes a body's oxygen and converts it (as we do) into CO2 then it has to get rid of that CO2 somewhere. That place would be... the body, again! So not only is fungus taking oxygen from the body directly, but it's also breathing out the exact thing that is poisonous to the body. It's a two for one deal. A buy one get one free. Payless... bring it on, because mushrooms are clearly a better bogo!

Life lesson? Don't eat mushrooms, they can destroy you.

I think I will end this with a quote from Kaufmann's book "The Fungus Link Volume 3." "Antibiotics, themselves fungal products, were found to be grosely over prescribed and fungus was found in human sinuses and male prostates. Finally, breast cancer incidence was found to jump dramatically when women took repeat rounds of anitbiotics."

5 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. I've always been under the assumption that mushrooms are very good for you; I've never thought about them as being unhealthy. I was surprised by Kaufmann's quote, that fungus has been found in human sinuses and male prostates due to over prescription of antibiotics.

    I suppose mushrooms do have at least some nutritional value, like fiber, and I've heard even vitamin D if they've been exposed to ultra-violet light. I've been told that only some mushrooms are toxic, though commercially grown ones are perfectly healthy. I'm not expert though, and don't pretend to know much about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...really makes me regret those mushrooms I ordered on my pizza tonight. Must admit, the topic of the biological and health related components of mushrooms would usually keep me far from interested.

    Having heard the negative effects surrounding human ingestion of mushrooms, I am quite curious as to their popularity within vegan and vegetarian individuals. My roommate is vegan and she eats mushrooms constantly. Seems to me like it somewhat contradicts to her ideas of eating healthy. Anyway, thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with E.C: I just ate a huge portion of portabello for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recent research supports the theory that mushrooms contain cancer inhibiting anti-carcinogens. Also, fungus has been applied medically for human benefit, most noticably in penicilin. This fungus inhibits bacterial growth. So besides the side effects from shrooming, I think mushrooms are still pretty safe to consume in copious amounts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such an interesting idea! It's a little hard to grasp, I just assume that when you eat something it is no longer able to survive. I suppose as self sufficient as mushrooms are they would be an exception to this rule. I can't really argue with the fungal antibiotics being linked with breast cancer and prostate problems, though. Now you've got me scared to eat mushrooms and they're practically my favorite "vegetable" (not really, I know).

    ReplyDelete